Monday, March 24, 2008

So Little Time

Hola! I am Kelly and I love to crochet, sew, quilt, knit, scrapbook, cross-stitch, make jewelry, and just about anything else that is crafty! I am currently a stay-at-home-mom that lives in Northern California with my husband, 18 month old son and 2 kitties.
As this is to be a blog about my hobbies and interests, I shall start with my current project. I am working on crocheting a blanket for a friend who is expecting a baby boy. Her shower is on April 5, and I am about halfway done. I started the blanket about a week ago I think. The pattern is called Tiramisu by Alicia Paulson and can be found here.


The pattern originally calls for Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton, however they don't carry that at Michaels so I picked up Lion Brands Cotton-Ease because it is of the same weight and texture. This is the first time I've worked with Cotton-Ease and I really like it. I am doing the main field in Lake and the trim in Taupe. I haven't picked out my ribbon yet, but I'm sure it will be a combination of the colors, maybe dots? When I originally picked out the yarn I bought 5 skeins of pink and 2 of taupe. I went home, took the paper off and started my initial chain before I realized my friend is having a boy!!! Oh heavens! I suppose I picked pink because another girlfriend of mine just had a girl. What was I thinking? So I traversed back to Michaels to exchange. Well, at least it'll make for humorous shower conversation.
I think my stitches were looser in the first few rows so it seems there is a ripple along the bottom. I really don't want to frog it so I will continue and if it still looks that way after the trim, I will block it.
By the way, if anyone is on Ravelry *I am addicted* I am coltensmom. Let's be friends!

1 comment:

meg said...

Howdy, neighbor~ I wandered over from Ravelry's "Austentatious" & see we're from the same area.
I've used Cotton-ease on several projects (usually charity knitting) & really like the feel, not to mention the washablility :-)